Thursday, May 26, 2011

And so this begins.

Hello friends, old and new.

Welcome to the first official post of Noble and Free.

I have considered starting a blog for such a long time, going back and forth on the necessity of it.  The blog world is so vast and many are filled with such unnecessary information.  I have no desire to simply add to the pointless and endless internet resources.

But, I have a desire to share, to connect and to prayerfully encourage.  God has blessed me beyond words and revealed Himself in such amazing ways, though I know it is just a small step in this endless journey.  And so, through this blog I plan to share both the joys and struggles of my life, and the beauty in the simple things of life.  I also will be posting my "finds": quotes, stories, pictures, videos and whatever else might inspire me.
I am just a normal girl who, through Christ, has a been made new and is being refined daily.  He has put the desire in me to document and share it through this blog.  I will seek to be real, honest and authentic in my sharing.  I pray this blog is not about me, but only a vessel of God's glory.




I am planning posts for the near future; the reason behind my blog name, my new adventure {Ellerslie Leadership Training} which is about to start (and which pushed me to finally begin this blog!), and more.  This blog design is just a first draft, so things will likely be changed around, including a real header :).  So be expecting more soon!

I'm excited to begin sharing!
Blessings in Christ Alone.


~Lydia Frances

(and... I will love any feedback and thoughts from my readers ;-)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I can't wait for more posts. The blog looks real pretty even now, so I look forward to seeing more updates! I hope you have a wonderful summer. I haven't seen y'all for so long! When y'all get back, a girl's together is in order. :)

Sarah J. said...

yay, its here! and it looks like Liddy ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi... I found your blog through Jessica Shae's. I too am a harpist, and have only met a handful. Would you mind my asking what harp you have? I have a Lyon Healy Style 85 GP... I am looking forward to reading more posts soon! :)

In Christ,
Heather S.

Lydia Covey said...

Susanna - Thank you! So glad you took time to comment :) I know, it sure has been a long time. I look forward to planning something when I return!

Sarah - I'm glad it looks like me :-)

Heather - I'm excited that you found my blog! No, there really aren't many harpist's out here. My harp is a Lyon and Healy Style 85 E, which is a semi grand with 46 strings and extended soundboard. I am very blessed to be able to own this harp, it is a wonderful instrument and has enabled me to have a thriving business and share my music.
I look forward to sharing more through this blog! Do you have a blog? I'd love to know you more!

Anonymous said...

No I don't... :( Let me guess, the finish is mahogany? Mine is... Seems to me like the style 85 is popular... I would like to know you more too. What kind of buisness do you do with your harp?

~Heather

Courtney said...

Love your blog!!! I am really looking forward to reading your future posts. It's exciting seeing what the Lord is doing in other's lives.

Thank you for your beautiful heart. :)

Courtney

Lydia Covey said...

Heather Yes, it's Mahogany :). The 85 is deifnitly a popular choice, it's such a classic style along with being the basic L&H model. My business if playing for weddings and special events, keep me very busy. Along with a couple students. I am blessed. Feel free to email me any time :)

Courtney SO glad you remember me :-). Thank you for coming to my blog! I look forward to making time to update it fairly often. There is so much I would like to share about my life and our glorious Lord.
I really would love to email and keep in touch... praying you are doing wonderfully and that summer is bringing you joy! <3

Anonymous said...

I will soon! I also play at weddings on my celtic harp with a cellist... I've only been playing for a little less than a year, so my harp teacher won't let me take the L&H... But the celtic harp is wonderful for weddings in the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens! I'm about to start teaching a couple of girls myself... Yikes! Any advice??

~Heather