Saturday, October 29, 2011

He has shackled my shame...

Earlier this week I had the opportunity to attend a Shane and Shane concert.  Which was so exciting and such an amazing evening!  I am so blessed by Shane and Shane, a band who does not seek worldly acceptance but sings for the glory of our great God.  Their lyrics are filled with truth and continually set my eyes on the glorious work of the cross.  Sadly, this is a great rarity among Christian bands.
I've always enjoyed the Shane's music but it wan't until this summer at Ellerslie that I really came to love their songs.  We sang their songs all the time for our worship and often discussed the lyrics.  I love when I know a song so well from singing it that I'm not just listening to recordings for my entertainment but actually hearing the words and worshipping God. (in the car by myself is the best place for this... :-)

Children  from "His Little Feet", an orphan choir. 

So because of having recently gone to the concert, I've been listening to Shane and Shane all week.  Loving the old songs and finding new ones.  I have had so many songs I want to post but I can't decide which one.  But the lyrics of "Liberty" keep running through my mind.  And as I reread through the song this morning I decided to post it.  This is truth; there IS liberty in Christ, He has WON and shackled our shame!  Oh what unspeakable joy and peace there is resting in the work of our Jesus!



The Lord is the Spirit
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, now
There is liberty
And the Spirit lives inside of me
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, now
There is liberty, there is liberty,
There is liberty

For freedom You set me free
And yes, I am free indeed
You rewrote my name
And shackled my shame
You opened my eyes to see
I am free


When the spirit of the world
Comes to kill me and enslave me I will say
There is liberty

For the chains of sin that once entangled me
Have been broken, now I'm singing 'cause I'm free
There is liberty, there is liberty,
There is liberty

The storm rolled in
It was dark in the land
As the Son of Man
Was crucified
You don't take his life
He laid it down
He paid the price
And shed His blood

It is done!
The veil is torn
He has won

And I am free

For freedom You set me free
And yes, I am free indeed
You rewrote my name
And shackled my shame
You opened my eyes to see
I am free

-"Liberty" by Shane and Shane from the album "The One You Need"

3 comments:

decembercaravan said...

I am so glad that you posted! I love reading what God is up to in your life! I will have to check out that music!!

Anonymous said...

I went to their concert when they came through Tuscaloosa about 2 weeks ago. "Liberty" is one of my favorites on that album!

Lydia Covey said...

Rebecca - I love getting comments from you! I need to email you and update you more on life and such.

Morgan - Sweet sister! That's so great that you too went to a Shane and Shane concert recently, we Ellerslie alumni can relate on loving their music :). Miss you!