Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Peace through the blood of His cross

--I am in no way any sort of Bible scholar or educated writer.  This is simply my feeble attempt of putting to words what God revealed to me this morning and the extraordinary beauty that I am seeing the Gospel is.--


"All things were created through Him and for Him." Colossians 1:16b

This verse began my morning bible time today.  Such a simple passage yet do I fully comprehend it's depth?  ALL things exist for Him.  You and I exist for Him.  The reason we were created by Him is for Him!  For His glory alone.


"For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross." Colossians 1:19,20


It was that last sentence that stopped me.  How often have I read through these verses and never seen, or rather understood, this statement of the cross.  Christ has made peace through the blood of His cross.  As the following verses say, that through His death we are presented holy and blameless in His sight.  This is the peace of His blood on the cross.  Do we live in this peace, confident and firm in having been reconciled to Him?

"And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight..."  Colossians 1:21,22

It is this that fills me with complete awe and leaves me speechless at what Christ accomplished on the Cross.  I, a depraved, wicked, sinner have been made presentable and blameless unto God!  The King of Kings!  No matter how hard I try, how good I am or how much I desire to glorify God, I can not even be presented to Him without having been made blameless through Christ's blood.  This is the abundant peace Christ has offered us through His blood.  But we must continue on to the following verse:

"...if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard." Colossians 1:23

We must continue in unbending faith to grasp hold of this peace.  Stand firm in this truth that He has reconciled us through His death and be grounded in the hope of the gospel.

I praise God for revealing to me at a deeper level the power and peace of the blood of the cross.  It amazes me that the clearer I understand the Gospel, the more overwhelming and vast becomes.  Oh what a God we serve; mighty, powerful and glorious beyond our imaginations!
May you have peace and joy resting in Jesus today.


5 comments:

Morgan said...

Lydia, dear sister, how sweet it is to see the many facets of the Cross through one another's eyes! Great is the mystery and so how grateful I am that we can each marvel at different pieces, all leading to the Great One Himself.

I was hoping you'd post one soon :) Miss and love you!

Atlanta said...

Excellent thoughts, Lydia! Thanks for sharing! Miss you!!!

Hannah Rose said...

Hello Lydia! :-)

I recognize that beautiful view! I'm sorry it's taken me this long to respond. As you know, things have been rather busy around here. But I SO appreciated your sweet comment on my blog. Moriah (whom I love so much already!) asked me about a week ago if I knew you and I said your name sounded familiar and then I realized it was you who commented! It's such a joy and honor to find other Ellerslie sisters in the online world. We here are praying for all the alumni. I hope we can one day meet in person...reunion perhaps? :-) Things here have been absolutely amazing. Wow, God is SO good! Be on the look out for more posts. ;-) I look forward to reading more of your posts, when I have the time!

Much love and blessings,
Hannah Rose

Courtney said...

This was a beautiful post!! Such amazing truths found in verses that I have many times skimmed over. Thanks for taking the time to bring out just how amazing our peace is in Him!

Love you sweet sister!

Lydia Covey said...

Dear ladies and sweet sisters... thank you for your comments on my post. It blesses me so much to hear from those who are reading my blog! What a wonderful thing it is to be able to sharpen each other in the faith through the blogging world. Love you all!